Welcome to another edition of Financial Friday. A series of weekly posts where we share some of financial gold with you on our personal finances, savings, and investing. Once again, these are just things we have done ourselves and might not work for you, but it doesn’t hurt to try a new way to pan for your own financial gold!
We still have one more payment for the backyard fix which will be paid in March. After this payment, our credit card “debt” will be back to normal.
Note: While we list credit card debt, we pay our credit cards in full every month on the 15th. We do not carry a balance on this. Additionally, we are looking at changing the due date of our main credit card to be in line with how we get paid. This will help us budget more accurately.
Below is a list of our assets as of February 28, 2014. We will give a monthly overview on or near the last day of the month.
- Cash: $7,427; Change: 4.01%
- Home: $267,728 (we update our home value based off of Zillow every quarter; last update was Jan. 2, 2014)
- Car: $10,300 (we update the value of our car once a year using Kelley Blue Book; last update was Jan. 2, 2014)
- Lending Club Account: $330; Change: 0.61%
- Total Assets: $285,785; Change 0.10%
Note: We have an additional $2,000 in cash that will actually be used to pay off the rest of the backyard fix. In March, we should have a more accurate portrayal of our cash moving forward.
Below is a list of our debts as of February 28, 2014.
- Home Mortgage: $185,743 (at 4.125%); Change: (-0.15%)
- Student Loans: $31,775 (at 2.25%); Change: (-0.44%)
- Credit Cards: $3,120; Change: -62.17%
- Condo Personal Loan: $4,500 (no interest); Change: 0%
- Other: $2,052; Change: (-1.17%)
- Total Debts: $227,190; Change: -2.44%
Notes: As you can see our home mortgage, student loans and other debt all had a decrease. For February 2014, we paid off $548 towards these debts.
Our Net Worth
To date our net worth is $58,595 which is a change of 11.35% from January 2014. Overall a good month!
How was your February 2014? Did you have any unexpected expenses? Did you make extra income?